AASP-MN Awards Scholarships to Automotive Students
The Alliance of Automotive Service Providers of Minnesota (AASP-MN) is pleased to announce scholarship awards totaling $21,000 to help automotive service and collision repair students pay for tuition or tools during the 2021-22 school year. The scholarships are in the amount of $1,500 and are made possible by generous donations from the Minnesota State I-CAR Committee and Bill Smith Fund, as well as proceeds from AASP-MN’s Annual Race for Automotive Education fundraiser, which will be held later this fall.
Thirty college and high school students from 14 schools submitted scholarship applications. Applications were reviewed by a committee of industry representatives, with consideration given to scholastic achievement, education and career goals, financial need and written recommendations.
Recipients will be attending the following colleges/programs:
- Anoka Technical College, Anoka – Automotive Service Technology
- Century College, White Bear Lake – Automotive Service Technology
- Dakota County Technical College, Rosemount – Automotive Service Technology
- Dakota County Technical College, Rosemount – Auto Body Collision Repair
- Dunwoody College of Technology, Minneapolis – Auto Body Collision Repair
- Hennepin Technical College, Brooklyn Park – Auto Body Collision Repair
- MN State Community & Technical College, Moorhead – Automotive Service Technology
- Pine Technical College, Pine City – Automotive Service Technology
- Ridgewater College, Willmar – Automotive Service Technology
- South Central College, North Mankato – Auto Body Collision Repair
The scholarship awards are the centerpiece of AASP-MN’s Automotive Education Fund, which was established to provide financial resources to support automotive students, enhance automotive programs and raise awareness of career opportunities in the independent automotive service industry.
The Alliance of Automotive Service Providers of Minnesota (AASP-MN) is an association of over 700 independently owned automotive service businesses and industry suppliers dedicated to improving the state’s automotive service industry and the success of its members.